General Forum -> General Discussions  ~  Anyone see "Hetalia"?
Eechironin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:42 pm  Reply with quote

Funny manga and anime series, characterizes and parodies the nations of WW2 time period (but does show bits and pieces of other eras)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetalia:_Axis_Powers

Italy is portrayed as a lovable pasta and woman loving fella who is "pathetic" when it comes to any serious issue, like war.

Hetaria is a portmanteau of "Hetaru" (pathetic) and "Italy".

"That which is denied becomes that which is most desired, and that which is hidden becomes that which is most interesting. Consequently, a great deal of time and energy is spent trying to get at what is being kept from you."-John Denver
Rune174
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:56 pm  Reply with quote
Royal Member of BonBon

I've heard of it and seen a couple of episodes. Not my cup of tea really, but I don't hate it since I have no right to.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:45 am  Reply with quote

Hetalila's main point is durring WWII, it does deal with other times as well. Thou, aside from jokes based on history, the bulk of jokes are based on Country sterio types. like America being obsessed with wanting to be the hero dispite being more than willing to sacrafice his Allies, and Italy being a "pasta eating surrender monkey" (as Italy was known for untell France was given the title of "Cheese eating surrender monkey.") just to mention a couple. While it will give you some good laughs if you are into world history, just rember to keep your seense of humor on you when a joke and sterio type of your contry comes up (heck they even did a jokes about Cannada.)
Eechironin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 pm  Reply with quote

If you can't take the jokes, you need a vacation! Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing

"That which is denied becomes that which is most desired, and that which is hidden becomes that which is most interesting. Consequently, a great deal of time and energy is spent trying to get at what is being kept from you."-John Denver