Alley Baggett Forum -> AlleyBaggett.net Discussions  ~  Hi all! Re: Southern California Fires!
luvleeone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:42 pm  Reply with quote

Hi Alley and every1ne!

Haven't posted in a while so I'm dropping by to say hello! Still lovin' your sets, Alley!

I hope all is well with you guys and Alley, I hope you're not effected by the Southern California fires! Let us know you're ok!

~LuvLee1ne~
Traycee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:19 pm  Reply with quote

I live in the center of Mailbu to Irvine,the weather was quite different today due to the fires.Ashes are out in the air,the scent of wildfires brushes through.I just pray for those who are extremely affected to the fire,and even more prayers to the firefighters-who saves our lives! Our gov't Arnold is calling for state emergency. So if you're in Southern Cali,like myself---and if you're being called out for an evacuation-please do it! It'll only save your life and family members.Prayers to those down in San Diego!

(NOTE:)
Blanket A Human, collects blankets and other supplies throughout the year for the homeless and other situations like this one.

Over the last year we have filled up our storage facility with thousands of blankets and because of the crisis San Diego is in, we will be donating our Blankets to Qualcomm to the victims of the wildfire.

If you or anyone you knows would like to donate NEW blankets to our organization... please contact us immediately. We will be passing them out tonight and over the next few days.

Best,
Long Vo
Orange County - Division
Blanket A Human
long@belongclothing.com
www.myspace.com/blanketahuman
www.blanketahuman.org
j3a
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:20 pm  Reply with quote

wow - i first heard about these fires this morning, i got an email from nebraska telling me what was going on...
been watching the news since i got home, and it looks pretty bad -
i have friends and family that are firefighters and i'm sure that they are all on their way down there if they aren't there already... the weather says it should be damp tomorrow - sounds like anything will help!

well, let's keep everyone who lives down that way in our prayers (including Alley!) pray for all those firefighters doing everything they can to save people and property - they are risking their lives for it!!
luvleeone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:27 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, you are all in my prayers! I'm on vacation in Las Vegas and luckily my home is safe back in Northern Hollywood. Please check in with us and let us know how you guys are doing!!

~LuvLee1ne~
nebraska
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:20 pm  Reply with quote

Hey Everyone in SoCal

My very good thoughts and prayers are with all of you who are having a difficult time with these terrible fires. Hopefully the wind will start to slow down soon and the firefighters can do the great job that they do. And they can get the air support airborn on a constant water and fire retardent deployment.

Wednesday is with her friend right now in who lives in Malibu. She went down early Saturday to spend a couple of days visiting before a International flight out of LAX. Her and her friend were some of the first that had to be evacuated yesterday. So I have been hearing first hand on how bad things are down there. She got herself excuesed from her flight so she could contiue to be with her friend and give her love and support. They still can't get back into where their home is as yet. It might be another 1 or 2 days. They aren't telling them much.

My heart goes out to everyone from people who's lives are disrupted and are scared. My heart and prayers are with the 1,000's of people who are fighting the fires, and to all the volenteers who are giving their time and energy to help out in anyway that they can. Big props to all those wonderful and great people. People helping each other. That's what it's all about. Very Happy

Blessings

nebraska
luvleeone
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:37 am  Reply with quote

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys! I dread going back to North Hollywood, but I have no choice... Sad Alley, are you doing ok? Please keep us updated!

~LuvLee1ne~
Traycee
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:56 pm  Reply with quote

The air is pretty toxic,ash is quickly brushing through the air.
About 1 million has evacuated.
so for you southern cali folks,please stay indoor as much as possible or wear a mask if you're outdoor.I pray for RAIN to pour in!
Nature has taken it course and we need PEOPLE to help each other and animals out there!

Thanks for everyone thoughts and keep praying that this will come to end
and pray for the people that's extremely going through this hardship.

Sad
j3a
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:05 pm  Reply with quote

did you hear about this:

In San Bernardino County, a man suspected of starting a small fire was arrested and another man was shot to death by police after he fled officers who approached to see if he might be trying to set a fire.

Wildfires, burning in seven counties, had destroyed about 1,500 homes and caused more than a half-million people to flee since the first blaze began late Saturday. At least two — in Orange and Riverside counties — have been linked to arson.
-Copyright 2007 The Associated Press.

i can't believe people are soooo stupid - they have to have known the damage and deaths this would cause. i hope they find who else is responsible, and lock them up for life!! right now, there is a $70,000 reward for information leading to an arrest, i'm sure that will increase...
AlleyBaggett
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:50 pm  Reply with quote
Official Model

WoW! It's such a crazy time. Thank you to everyone for thinking of me. Thank God I'm okay and Thank God my loved ones are okay too. It's sad what's happened to so many people, homes, our environment, animals and to all the losses there have been. I wonder when this will end and when the smoke will clear out? Will it be days? Will be in another week or will it be longer?

Right now....the skies where I live are covered in dark grey smoke. It looks totally crazy because the sun is out but the sky is grey...kind of like there's a major thunderstorm about to hit....but it's not. The sunlight is orange due to the smoke. I really can't explain exactly what it's like. I'm almost speechless.

Keep praying that everything will clear up soon so that people can begin rebuilding their lives.

Thank you.

xoxo
ALLEY

AlleyBaggett.Net - The Official Site
http://www.alleybaggett.net
AlleyBaggett
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:16 pm  Reply with quote
Official Model

There are currently 23 wild fires and only 10 are contained. With that many fires...there's no telling when the air will be cleared up.

There are currently almost 8000 firefighters fighting the fires in 8 counties.

xoxo
ALLEY

AlleyBaggett.Net - The Official Site
http://www.alleybaggett.net
j3a
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:45 pm  Reply with quote

well i see there has not been a whole lot of progress as far as containment goes... Sad
although, the chargers are apparantly now going to play after all on sunday - the news stated that all operations have ceased for help of evacuees at qualcomm stadium...??? i'm hoping that it is because help is no longer needed in that area, and not because of some stupid game!!
and the reward for information leading to the arsonist(s) has been raised again - it is now at $285,000! i hope it works...

Alley, be safe!
i'm still praying for all of you down there...
j3a
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:17 am  Reply with quote

any updates from the front lines?

the news stated that the firefighters are making some headway... over half of the fires are now contained! luckily mother nature has finally started helping instead of hurting the cause...
giando1983
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:28 pm  Reply with quote

I'm glad that you are safe....hope this thing ends quickly and take all that people which burned up everything!

Here in Italy every summer, people let burn woods....especially on Southern Italy.

I know pretty well what kind of disaster it is...I'm with y'all!

Luckily our houses are made with cement, so is abit more hard let them burn.

#1 FAN from Italy