Alley Baggett Forum -> AlleyBaggett.net Discussions  ~  What I've been up to...
AlleyBaggett
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:02 pm  Reply with quote
Official Model

Well, lately I've been researching environmental issues and etc. Recently I came across a show called Whale Wars. It's really REALLY good!! It's about an organization named Sea Shepards who are out at sea trying stop Japanese whalers from killing whales for their meat. It's a multi-million dollar business. The Japanese even feed this meat to the school children in the school cafeteria's.

It's really sad to see them kill such beautiful amazing creatures who are helpless! This organization has even been to Canada to try to stop people from killing the seals for money. I've seen footage of them actually bashing the seals. It's SO SO sad!!

It's crazy what people have become. No not all people....I know.

It makes me feel good to know that I've become a vegetarian with an occasional bison meal. One day....when I can master the art of vegetarianism I plan to not eat bison again.

So I'd like to bring awareness to these issues. (the killing of whales and seals) What can WE do to stop them? Can we write to someone? Can we donate funds to an organization? Can we blog about this? Raise awareness throughout your own friends and family? There's always something that we can do.

We shouldn't EVER just sit here and let all the different issues around us "just happen" because they will if you do NOTHING about it. I'm talking about important issues like: education/food/environment/animals/oceans/chemicals

I mean this is your world/our world - don't let other people shit on it! Another funny saying but oh so true....

About the Oceans: " Don't take a shit, where you eat"

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for caring.

Thank you for doing something.
Very Happy

AlleyBaggett.Net - The Official Site
http://www.alleybaggett.net
LosihoTTT
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:49 pm  Reply with quote

Ah yes, the Sea Shepard. Our Government has copped some flack here in Australia for taking legal action against Japanese Whaling.
AlleyBaggett
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:13 am  Reply with quote
Official Model

really??

AlleyBaggett.Net - The Official Site
http://www.alleybaggett.net
LosihoTTT
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:26 am  Reply with quote

Yes indeed. I totally agree that whaling should be stopped, but as far as I'm concerned, the Sea Shepard and its crew are going about it totally the wrong way. Smashing into ships, boarding ships illegally, getting in the way of whaling ships, then claiming they rammed you, etc etc is not "protesting", it's piracy.

If they went about it properly, peacefully, and without making arses of themselves, I'd respect their actions more.
Zombie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:56 am  Reply with quote

I'm back to finally... BTW, it's really awesome to hear the things you care about and stand up for Alley. Like I've said so many times, you just always seem to surprise me and your definitely not our average celeb/model/superstar... You're much more than a lot of those "fake" people out there and you definitely show that you care even about the little things out there and while I doubt I could become a vegiterian (but I don't eat whale, seal, or anything like that) things that you have posted for us to watch or look into I definitely have and it is a sad world we live in and I know I've changed certain habits and gotten my kids to recycle and or to the things I get and or don't get anymore and all... Little by little trying to help and make a difference...

As for me, my "old cpu" ended up dying on me a couple of months ago or maybe it's been a few months now? So finally got a new one awhile back. Also still trying to find a job. These times are so bad it just sucks. Plus I can't just work "any job" since I have 3 kids with me full time. Then now supposedly the kids mother is saying her and her husband are moving to MO or somewhere in like a month so that's going to make it even harder now on what kind of shift/days I work. Because before or like now that she's here I can pretty much work any day even weekends, just as long as it's a day shift since I wouldn't have anyone or anyplace to take them to in the eve or night. They usually go to their mom on the weekends but that has been changed to if they want to go or not and usually they don't like to or want to go, but if I got a job and I had to work weekends or like say on Saturdays then they would have to go to their moms for at least the day I would have to work and wouldn't be able to take them to daycare since they're not opened on weekends nor are they open past 6pm during the week.

So if she really does go I don't know how that's going to work out with trying and or starting a new job. Man how I wish I never lost my job back in December. Of course they let me go without a valid reason and basically screwed me, but since over here in New Mexico all employers can fire or let people go for any reason they want. Basically they don't have to have a valid reason to get rid of you and that's what hurt me when I kept trying to fight for my job when they did let me go. I took my case all the way to corporate HR and even though I had all the papers showing that either all my FMLA time that was used had been approved and none showing ever being denied as well as having another paper that I was given in November 09 (I got let go 12/21/09) that showed and had all the hours that was tracked and accounted for and showing what write up I was on (because of another FMLA screw up that ended up messing me up since they (metlife) only tell you when your hours are up or being denied a month after they're up so not only did I get hit for hours being exhausted from a certain time but also all the hours from then and the time they notified me was all denied as well and so ended up putting me deep into a hole right away) for an earlier in the year mishap which was really the supervisors fault because they showed me the wrong way to track my hours and even though I explained and showed them how I was shown how to track it which ended up being the wrong way I still got "dinged" and written up for it and since it was so many all at once it ended up putting me on a final when it really should have been a Verbal or maybe a written warning but no further than that....

So when they pulled me in Dec they tried to say that I had hours being denied from July, August, Sept, Oct, and I think Nov as well and they barely caught it then in late Dec. That's what I ment that I had letters from Metlife (the company that approves or denies my FMLA = Family Medical Leave Act) from like each week for that whole time frame, but really for like the whole year as I always saved them, all showing all the hours submitted by the company had been approved and not one ever showing any hours being denied nor any kind of notice from them or anyone that hours were denied for those months. So it ended up coming down to the way labor laws are here in NM where they can get rid of us for whatever reason or even no reason if they want.

Heck, even when the labor dept investigated them to see if I could get unemployment benefits/checks they didn't have nor give them a valid reason for why I was let go, so of course I got approved for unemployment thankfully, but because of that stupid law they can't force them to re-hire me since they didn't have a reason or a valid reason at that to let me go. This all happened to a few weeks after the new shift bid went into place and I (as well as everyone else) got moved to a different sup. So I'm thinking it was the sup that just didn't like me for some reason and tried to look up any reason to get rid of me. What was weird also is that ANYTIME there was a dispute with my hours being denied or not approved by Metlife for the FMLA I had to use my sup or my sup's supervisor or even HR would let me know what was in question so I could figure out what went wrong and to try and get it fixed and they didn't even do that. Every time before that though they would always let me know before it officially counting against me because there was times that they messed up and had my approved times wrong and I had to fax them the paper they sent me along with what my doctor had asked for and they would fix it and that would end up getting whatever hours denied or not approved, approved in the end. They didn't even give me that chance.

But I did fight it all the way through late Feb almost March till finally I just gave up since legally there was nothing I could do. As well as every time I took my case/issue to a higher HR level or to a higher sup level they mysteriously kept coming up with other lies like saying that they supposedly showed that my supervisor at the time "did talk to me and notify me that fmla hours were being denied" not once or twice, but supposedly like once or twice each month from June/July thru Nov. Yet when I told them that was a complete lie and asked for the papers that were signed by me and my sup when we supposedly had those discussions? Because anytime I or we would meet with a supervisor to discuss stuff like that, stuff that can basically get you written up and or terminated, it would ALWAYS be documented and I and my sup along with their sup would have to sign it showing that there in deed was a discussion about them telling me hours were being denied and to either find out why and get it fixed or to stop using hours till it got fixed and what not, but they didn't have any papers and when I told them that they didn't know what to say so they would just go back to "policy mode" like they're reading from the policies saying it's my responsability to know how many hours I have available and all that good corporate stuff....

Opps, kind of got carried away... So yeah... Looking for work, kids finally back in school now for the last few weeks... Still looking for work and just barely making ends meet... lol...

I hope to catch you all in chat soon, and also welcome back Alley... I know it's a little late but I hope you had an outstanding B-Day and just hope everything in general is going well for you!!!